Stereoscopic Player Overview
New in latest version
► New rendering engine
► Fullscreen toolbar
► Stereoscopic mouse cursor
► 3D Blu-ray subtitles
► Fade effect for slideshows
After purchase we will email you the code and registration information.
A first glance...
Stereoscopic Player is a versatile 3D movie player. It allows you to play stereoscopic videos and DVDs (external decoder required) and also allows you to watch live video from a capture device. Since it is based on DirectShow, it can handle almost any media format, for example AVI, MPEG, WMV, ASF and MOV. Videos can be coded in several different stereoscopic formats. Please see the feature list for supported input and output formats.
... and a few more details
Why is it necessary to use a special software for 3D movie playback? The reason is that there are a lots of different ways to watch stereoscopic content as well as different ways to store the content. In the past, it was necessary to encode a stereoscopic movie for each viewing method, for example you had to create an anaglyph file, a interlaced file for use with shutter glasses and a side-by-side for for free-viewing without glasses. Quality was often low. For example, most video codecs don't handle interlaced content well or subsample color information (reducing color resolution to quarter of original resolution), which reduces anaglyph quality significantly.
Fullscreen Mode with Toolbar
The solution to above problem is creating just one file and convert it in real-time to the desired output format. The Stereoscopic Player is such a real-time conversion application. Using the player is easy: Load your stereoscopic movie, tell the player how it is encoded and finally select the desired output format (called viewing method). For your convenience, the Stereoscopic Player remembers input settings for each stereoscopic movie in its integrated video library so that you don't have to re-do all the configuration steps again and again. For the most popular 3D-DVDs and 3D video files, Stereoscopic Player can even retrieve the proper settings from a web server. If you are creating content yourself, you can ship your video files together with a Stereoscopic Metafile (*.svi), which also eliminates the need to specify the input format.
For professional use, command line parameters, OLE automation and the Sony 9-pin protocol are available to automate the Stereoscopic Player. Furthermore, it can control external effects via a serial port or DMX512.
What about 2D-3D conversion?
Please note that Stereoscopic Player can not convert 2D content to 3D! There is no real-time conversion algorithm available which works reasonably well. Computer are not smart enough to understand what's in the foreground and what's in the background yet. Since Stereoscopic Player is a high quality product, no inferior conversion algorithms were incorporated into the player. Stereoscopic Player requires real stereoscopic movies, containing both left and right view.
- Easy-to-use user interface
- Supports Video for Windows (*.avi), MPEG-1 (*.mpg), MPEG-2 (*.mpg, *.m2ts, *.mts, *.ts), MP4 (*.mp4), 3D Blu-ray files (*.ssif), Windows Media (*.wmv, *.asf), QuickTime (*.mov), Material Exchange Format (*.mxf), Matroska (*.mkv) and Flash (*.flv)
- Supports photos in mpo, jpg, jps, tif, gif, png and bmp format
- Supports Windows Media Dual Stream files
- Supports separate left/right files
- Supports MXF files of Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs), including XYZ to RGB color space conversion
- Digital Rights Management (for stereoscopic Windows Media files only)
- Playback of any other format supported by third party DirectShow decoders
- Windows Media 7.1 and 5.1 multichannel audio decoding
- Windows Media streaming
- 3D-DVD playback 1
- Live playback from capture devices (TV card, DV camcorder, ...)
- Built-in video library stores settings for each movie
- Retrieves data from stereoscopic metadata servers
- Import and export of stereoscopic metafiles
- Command line control
- OLE automation
- Compatible with Windows Media Center IR remote control
- Synchronized control of external effects via DMX512 (compatible with OpenDMX hardware), serial port and execution of programs and scripts.
- DXVA2-based GPU-accelerated video decoding
- Official languages: English, German
- Languages added by users (translations might be incomplete): Spanish, French, Dutch, Portuguese (Brazilian), Italian, Russian, Japanese, Polish, Hungarian, Finnish. Thanks very much to Ignacio Aldazabal, Paupert Francois, Peter Jacobs, Marco Lopes, Daniele Pagliani, Vladimir Simchenko, Masuji Suto, Andrzej Waluk, Dr. Imre Zsolnai-Nagy and Tapio Hellman for doing these translations.
Supported stereo layouts
- Interlaced (Field-Sequential)
- Side by Side
- Multi-View (Tiled)
- SENSIO® Hi-Fi 3D
- SIS Attachment
The above layouts rotated by 90° are also supported. In addition, Stereoscopic Player supports separate files for left and right view and optionally for the soundtrack.
Supported viewing methods
- Picture in Picture
- Dual Screen Output
- NVIDIA 3D Vision
- AMD HD3D (requires Windows Vista or better)
- Intel Stereo Driver (requires Windows 7 or better)
- Quad Buffered DirectX (requires Windows 8 or better)
- Quad Buffered OpenGL
- Sharp 3D Display
- 3D Enabled DLP-TV
- Tridelity SL Series 3D Displays
- Tridelity MV Series 3D-Displays
- Generic Single-Viewer Displays
- Generic Multi-Viewer Displays
- Oculus Rift (headtracking is not supported yet)
- SIS Attachment
- Side by Side
- Side by Side for 3D-TVs
- Over/Under for 3D-TVs
- Row Interlaced
- Column Interlaced
- True Anaglyph Red - Blue
- True Anaglyph Red - Green
- Gray Anaglyph Red - Cyan
- Gray Anaglyph Yellow - Blue
- Gray Anaglyph Green - Magenta
- Half Color Anaglyph Red - Cyan
- Half Color Anaglyph Yellow - Blue
- Half Color Anaglyph Green - Magenta
- Color Anaglyph Red - Cyan
- Color Anaglyph Yellow - Blue
- Color Anaglyph Green - Magenta
- Optimized Anaglyph Red - Cyan
- Optimized Anaglyph Yellow - Blue
- Optimized Anaglyph Green - Magenta
Supported DMX interfaces
- ENTTEC Open DMX USB
- ENTTEC DMX USB Pro
- EUROLITE USB-DMX512-PRO
Stereoscopic Player Download
Stereoscopic Player Download
SKU:SKU: 3857View full details